Did you know that flooding is, according to FEMA, the #1 natural disaster in the United States.
If you are a Florida property owner living and doing business in areas designated as flood zones by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), you are urged to purchase flood insurance by both the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and Florida’s State Emergency Response Team (SERT).
Neither Homeowners nor commercial insurance policies cover you against floods. Protect your property before the next storm hits. Call our office now for a free quote.
Through the NFIP:
- Homeowners can purchase up to $250,000 of coverage, plus an additional $100,000 to cover their home’s contents.
- Business owners can purchase up to $500,000 of coverage, plus an additional $500,000 for the building’s contents.
- There is no payback requirement for flood insurance settlements.
- The average flood insurance premium is around $450 per year.
- Flood insurance policies must be renewed every year.
Check out our Insurance Help pages for Emergency Preparedness.